Prof. Patrick Boisseau
Commissariat à l’énergie atomique (CEA)
phone: +33 (0) 607 47 71 31
M. Patrick BOISSEAU is graduate from the Institut National Agronomique in 1983 and from the Ecole Nationale du Génie Rural, des Eaux et des Forêts en 1985. He holds a MSc Degree in Human Nutrition. His general academic background is therefore in biology engineering.
He joined the French Atomic Energy Commission – CEA – in 1987. He had several positions as researcher fellow in plant biology at the Life Sciences Division then as expert on strategy in life sciences and environment at the Foresight & Strategy Division. He became the deputy head of department of biology at the Life Sciences Division, based in Grenoble.
Since 2008, he is in charge of the business development in NanoMedicine at CEA-Leti, with emphasis on organic nanoparticles for diagnostics and therapy. His personal interest focuses on nanotech transfer in medical technologies.
In April 2013, he in charge of Strategic Planning in Health Technologies at CEA-Tech, the technological Research Division of CEA.
From 2004 to 2008, he is the coordinator of the European network of excellence in nanobiotechnology, Nano2Life (www.nano2life.org). This network of excellence integrates 23 full academic partners and 41 associate companies in a comprehensive joint programme of activity. More than 400 scientists are participating to this network.
In 2006, he became a Member of the Executive Board of the European Technology Platform on Nanomedicine, and chairman of its working group on “nanotechnology based diagnostics and imaging” (www.etp-nanomedicine.eu ). In 2012, he was elected as chairman of the Board of the European Technology Platform on Nanomedicine
Patrick Boisseau coordinates and/or participates to numerous French and European funded research projects in nanobiotech and nanomedicine.
- Editorial Board member of Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine from June 2010 to 2013
- Chairman of the board of the European Technology Platform on Nanomedicine.
- Board Member of the European Platform on Photodynamic Medicine
- Member of the External Advisory Board of EuroNanoMed II programme
- Expert for international organizations like European Science Foundation, the European Commission, Oesterreichische Forschungsfoerderungsgesellschaft GmbH (AT), Agence Nationale de la Recherche (FR), EuroNanoMed (EU)…